July 16, 2012 § 30 Comments
Again, I’ve got this Reader Appreciation Award (this is the second time now) from the lovely blogger Lightningpen. And I like awards as it inspires me to do better things. And with regards to awards, the more the merrier. Thanks Lightningpen.
As with awards, there are things to be done and rules to follow when you are a recipient:
What is my favorite color? I’d have to say black but is black a color or even lack of color. Alternatively, it will be anything red, bold red!
What is my favorite animal? Horses, for their grace, strength and beauty.
What is your favorite non- alcoholic drink? Without doubt, Nescafe with creamer!
What do you prefer Twitter or Facebook? Facebook, I can select friends
What is your favorite pattern? Plaid or vertical stripes, just love them
Would you rather receive or give presents? Giving, as I get to choose the presents!
Favorite number? I have none actually but I have to choose it will be 99. Why? Not too sure, just fancy it!
Favorite day? Friday as it is a special day for the Muslims
Favorite flower? Jasmine, for its intoxicating fragrance
Passion? Learning about the great people in life.
And the blogs that I nominate for their great style of writing (my source of inspiration) are:
So, there you are. Lovely award for lovely people!
June 18, 2012 § 11 Comments
Alhamdulillah. Last week on 7 Jun 2012, a big surpise was given to me. I was nominated for the READER APPRECIATION AWARD by fine owner of the lovely blog arabian roses’ whispers.
To a lot of people, especially seasoned bloggers, this may not mean much but I just started this blog, 28 March 2012, to be exact. So, to receive any kind of acknowledgment, let alone an award, is a big thrill to me. And to be nominated by the arabian rose herself is most gratifying. Her work is simply astonishing and the consistency of the great quality of her published works is even more humbling. Thank you arabian rose!
This award surely means that I have to work even harder, publishing more quality and honest articles. It does inspire me to be more productive and hopefully, it will spur me on for better things.
In getting the award, I’d have to nominate 7 blogs that is most enjoyable for me to read them. I gladly recommend the following blogs:
1. Islam – World’s Greatest Religion ! Owned by King – A Muslim guy from India is here to spread the truths of Islam with a small team. Daily quality stuff!!
2. Billie Jean With the tagline “She Blogs from Sweden”. A nice blend of fashion, photography and her thoughts. And I Love her thoughts
3. ishooteditnblog On Photography & Story Telling…and the stories are good!
4. Smell the Lilies This writer do write honestly, and I mean real honestly. It comes straight from the heart
5. Delia Lendeczki On Photography, with an eye on being different. It’s not about the quality of the photos, rather more on the underlying messages of it.
6.Doli Siregar Again on Photography (yes, i love photography). This guy has the shots, a natural talent.
7. The Islamic Champer Tons of info on Islam. My first choice of reference. Simply amazing
I’ve got many favorite blogs and I will be nominating them for other awards.
Thanks for the wonderful blogs.