June 18, 2012 § 11 Comments
Alhamdulillah. Last week on 7 Jun 2012, a big surpise was given to me. I was nominated for the READER APPRECIATION AWARD by fine owner of the lovely blog arabian roses’ whispers.
To a lot of people, especially seasoned bloggers, this may not mean much but I just started this blog, 28 March 2012, to be exact. So, to receive any kind of acknowledgment, let alone an award, is a big thrill to me. And to be nominated by the arabian rose herself is most gratifying. Her work is simply astonishing and the consistency of the great quality of her published works is even more humbling. Thank you arabian rose!
This award surely means that I have to work even harder, publishing more quality and honest articles. It does inspire me to be more productive and hopefully, it will spur me on for better things.
In getting the award, I’d have to nominate 7 blogs that is most enjoyable for me to read them. I gladly recommend the following blogs:
1. Islam – World’s Greatest Religion ! Owned by King – A Muslim guy from India is here to spread the truths of Islam with a small team. Daily quality stuff!!
2. Billie Jean With the tagline “She Blogs from Sweden”. A nice blend of fashion, photography and her thoughts. And I Love her thoughts
3. ishooteditnblog On Photography & Story Telling…and the stories are good!
4. Smell the Lilies This writer do write honestly, and I mean real honestly. It comes straight from the heart
5. Delia Lendeczki On Photography, with an eye on being different. It’s not about the quality of the photos, rather more on the underlying messages of it.
6.Doli Siregar Again on Photography (yes, i love photography). This guy has the shots, a natural talent.
7. The Islamic Champer Tons of info on Islam. My first choice of reference. Simply amazing
I’ve got many favorite blogs and I will be nominating them for other awards.
Thanks for the wonderful blogs.
June 8, 2012 § 4 Comments
A young Huffaz (to be) rigorously, on a daily basis, memorize the Quran at Maahad Tahfiz Al-Kholidi. He is Hisham Abu Othman, only 13 years old, and he has decided that this is the way he wants to spend his childhood.
When asked “why are you doing this“, the answer was a prompt and honest “to seek the Mercy, Grace & Blessings of Allah SWT“. MashaALLAH.
Further prompted with “what do you want to do when you grow up“. Again, unequivocally, the answer was a swift “i want to be an ‘ulama”. SubhanALLAH.
Someone so young and yet so sure and determined. When ALLAH SWT has chosen you for His Grace & Blessings, things do come crystal clear and easy. Allahu Akbar.